SEBS is a linear triblock copolymer with an end segment of polystyrene and an ethylene-butene copolymer obtained by hydrogenating polybutadiene as an intermediate elastomeric block.
SEPS is a linear triblock copolymer with an ethylene-propylene copolymer obtained by hydrogenating polyisoprene as an intermediate elastomer block, which is a polystyrene-terminated segment.
SEPS products, unlike SEBS products, have a short series of methyl units and therefore do not crystallize.
(1) There is no crystallization in the EP rubber segment, so the SEPS is softer than partially crystalline SEBS, and the elasticity and hysteresis behavior of the SEPS are better than those of the corresponding SEBS.
(2) When oil is used as a plasticizer for the rubber segment, the flexibility of the thermoplastic elastomer based on SEPS is further enhanced.
(3) The inherent characteristics of hydrogenated polyisoprene polymers should enable SEPS-based styrenic thermoplastic elastomers to have such superior flexibility and high elasticity. SEPS products do not crystallize more than partially crystalline SEBS. Soft, elastic and hysteretic behavior is better than the corresponding SEBS. Excellent flexibility and high elasticity.
SEPS has more excellent features than SEBS
1, excellent mechanical properties;
2, good weather resistance;
3, excellent low temperature performance;
4, excellent electrical insulation;
5, superior heat resistance;
6, excellent chemical resistance;
7, with polyolefins, styrene-containing polymers have a good compatibility.
The difference between the application of SEBS and SEPS
SEPS thermoplastic rubber applications:
1. Adhesives, sealants, coatings, rubber-like compounds (which can replace vulcanized rubber), plastic modifiers, compatibilizers, thermosetting resin modifiers, and shrink reducers for unsaturated polyester asphalt modifiers.
2. It can replace vulcanized rubber and soft PVC for medical products. The nucleating property of the modified thermoplastic elastomer for pharmaceutical packaging, such as tubular seal molding.
3. It can also be used as a filling paste to ensure the moisture resistance, insulation and signal stability of communication cables and optical cables. It can be widely used for bonding between layers of medical, electrical insulation, food packaging and composite bags, and it is unique in metal and plastic bonding. The place.
Application of SEBS
Thermoplastic elastomer SEBS applications:
1.SEBS can be widely used in soft contact materials such as handles, stationery, toys, sports equipment, handshake, sealing strips, wire and cable, car bumper special materials, car fender material and so on.
2.SEBS is chemically modified or blended to toughen nylon (PA6), polycarbonate (PC), polyphenylene oxide (PPO), polyester (PET, PBT), polypropylene (PP) and as a plastic blend Compatible agents, etc.
3.SEBS can be used as a compatibilizer for engineering plastics, such as PE and PS compatibilizers.
4. SEBS and polypropylene, white oil, flame retardant and other blends can be used to produce wire and cable jacket or outer skin.
5.SEBS can be used to produce high-grade adhesives, sealants, etc. by combining with C5 and other petroleum resins.
6.SEBS can be used directly as lubricant viscosity index stabilizer due to aging resistance and temperature resistance.